Typical stones masonry in Ardenne
                    ,     brede maansikkel doorreizening Wallonië van oost naar west, biedt het ziet er een landschap gemaakt door pieken en door pittoreske valleien omringd met een groot aantal bosrijke gebieden.

Talloze bochtige trajecten rivieren laat verschijnen aan de bocht van een oude meander de wanden van een dorp in de charme van vroeger dagen waaronder 7 lid van "meer mooie dorpjes van Wallonië ".

Land van kastelen, buur van de Famenne en de Ardennen, kon hij zijn bijnaam "de kleine Belgische Loire ".

Un magnifique puits en pierre
Holidays house Le Vicus


                                                             Once an enclave in the principality of Liège, the rural municipality of Clavier lies on the border of the three provinces of Liège, Namur and Luxemburg. The landscape shows the typical hills and valleys of Condroz. Together with Bois-et-Borsu, les Avins and Terwagne, Clavier belongs to the eastern part of the Condroz region and borders on the Belgian Ardenne.  
The site has been occupied since the prehistoric times and during the Roman era; it was then the centre of a major market. Clavier is one of largest municipalities in Belgium and has the highest density of castles per km2 : the castle of Ochain (with a 17th century façade), the castle-farm of Ponthoz from the 17th century and the castle of Vervoz, whose farming fixtures and the chapel Saint-Hubert form a remarkable 18th century ensemble.

The valley where nestles the village of Ocquier The Condroz countryside The stream Hoyoux Breeding in Condroz-Famenne The bridge of Saint-Fontaine Go hunting in Ardenne The forest between Ardenne and Condroz Little bridge on the Néblon The typical village of Amas Field of mustard

De gemeente Clavier

Equally noteworthy are the castles of Pair, Pailhe, Saint-Lambert, Amas and Saint-Fontaine. The Seigneurerie (lordship) d’Ochain (to which Clavier, Pair, Ponthoz and le Val used to belong) was long considered as part of the territory of Liège; however, during the 18th century, the Netherlands made it theirs. In a charter from the Val-Saint-Lambert dated 1204, Ochain is read as Oissen ; a document from 1160 shows Clavies for Clavier and another one from 1178 shows Pontes standing for Ponthoz. 
Ocquier is a listed village that lies 2 km away from Vervoz. It reflects a unique architectural unity, namely with the Castel du Val d’Or, a farm from the 11th century and also a former post house, la cour des moines (the monks’ court), former priory of the abbey of Stavelot, a wheel mill from the 18th century and the church Saint-Remacle that is listed historic monument.
Vue printanière sur l'étang

De lokale schrijvers:

Sorry voor de gedeeltelijke vertaling